Feeling fancy, and know “sauce” won’t cut it tonight? You’re in luck. This red pepper coulis is great with pasta, grilled veggies, or as a dipping sauce with some of the patties and fritters I’ve written about before. The recipe below references “chopping” a few times, and since this all ends up in a blender anyways, feel free to use the S-blade on a food processor for quicker prep.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup of veggie broth
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (or other plant-based milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free flour (to thicken)
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan on stove.
- Add chopped pepper and onion, and stir occasionally until soft.
- Lower heat, and add broth. Simmer until mixture is reduced by about half.
- Transfer to blender and add milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
The sauce may need to be reheated before serving, and if using on pasta, let the noodles soak up the sauce for about 5 minutes before diving in!