For the last of my sauces, I made an avocado cream sauce. I love guacamole, so I figured I would make guac’s saucy cousin. This was the easiest of the four sauces, because it only required the blender. While others needed to boil or sauté before getting pureed, this sauce had a few less steps.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 of a jalapeno
- Cut open avocado, remove pit, and spoon that green goodness into the blender.
- Add all ingredients, besides salt and water, and blend.
- The consistency will be thick, and smooth (like mediocre store-bought guac) so add water, a tablespoon at a time, to get the consistency you like.
- Add a bit of salt to bring out the flavor.
Serve warm, on pasta, or cold as a salad dressing. Garnish with diced tomatoes.